By Chareeporn Akekawatchai, Marina Kochetkova, Jane Holland (auth.), Amy M. Fulton (eds.)
Chemokine Receptors in melanoma summarizes the turning out to be physique of proof that a number of chemokine receptors give a contribution to tumor habit. Chemokine receptors have been first pointed out on leukocytes and mediate directed migration of many host cells to websites of ligand expression. it's now good demonstrated that the majority malignant cells additionally convey a number of chemokine receptor. This booklet describes our present knowing concerning how chemokine receptors give a contribution to tumor mobilephone migration in addition to mobile survival and proliferation. The functionality of chemokine receptors expressed on host cells together with antitumor immune effector cells in addition to angiostatic and angiogeneic services of chemokines performing on endothelial cells are defined. The function of chemokine receptors that act as decoy receptors is additionally summarized. The healing capability and demanding situations of focusing on chemokine receptors or cognate ligands is additionally addressed.
Read or Download Chemokine Receptors in Cancer PDF
Best chemistry books
This quantity includes assessment articles written through the invited audio system on the 8th overseas summer season Institute in floor technology (ISISS 1987), held on the college of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in August of 1987. through the process ISISS, invited audio system, all across the world well-known specialists within the a variety of fields of floor technology, current instructional evaluation lectures.
Computational Chemistry utilizing the computer, 3rd variation takes the reader from a easy mathematical origin to starting research-level calculations, keeping off pricey or difficult software program in want of notebook functions. Geared in the direction of a complicated undergraduate or introductory graduate direction, this 3rd version has revised and accelerated assurance of molecular mechanics, molecular orbital conception, molecular quantum chemistry, and semi-empirical and ab initio molecular orbital methods.
The importance of organometallic chemistry has continually elevated throughout the moment 1/2 this century. inside of this sector of analysis the organotin chemistry reigns as essentially the most very important branches. The decisive reason behind this improvement has been the wide variety of capability program of those compounds in undefined, know-how, and agriculture.
- Thermodynamic Behavior of Electrolytes in Mixed Solvents-II
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook
- Handbook of Neurochemistry: Volume VII Pathological Chemistry of the Nervous System
- Odor Quality and Chemical Structure
- Catalysis in Chemistry and Biochemistry Theory and Experiment: Proceedings of the Twelfth Jerusalem Symposium on Quantum Chemistry and Biochemistry held in Jerusalem, Israel, April 2–4, 1979
- Atom Tunneling Phenomena in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Extra info for Chemokine Receptors in Cancer
Murphy, P. M. (2001). Chemokines and the molecular basis of cancer metastasis. N Engl J Med 345(11): 833–5. 76. , et al. (2005). Selective infiltration of CCR5(+)CXCR3(+) T lymphocytes in human colorectal carcinoma. Int J Cancer 116(6): 949–56. 77. , et al. (1996). Defects of B-cell lymphopoiesis and bonemarrow myelopoiesis in mice lacking the CXC chemokine PBSF/SDF-1. Nature 382(6592): 635–8. 78. , Hortobagyi, G. , et al. (2003). Growth factor receptors in breast cancer: potential for therapeutic intervention.
Et al. (2006) Dissemination of hepatocellular carcinoma is mediated via chemokine receptor CXCR4. , 95, 210–7. 60. Jones P. A. and Baylin S. B. (2002) The fundamental role of epigenetic events in cancer. Nat Rev Genet. 3, 415–28. 61. Wendt M. , Johanesen P. (2006) Silencing of epithelial CXCL12 expression by DNA hypermethylation promotes colonic carcinoma metastasis. , 25, 4986–97. 62. , and Goggins M. (2005) The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is regulated by DNA methylation in pancreatic cancer. , 4, 70–6.
90. Polyak, K. (2001). On the birth of breast cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta 1552(1): 1–13. 91. Pyne, N. , et al. (2003). Receptor tyrosine kinase-GPCR signal complexes. Biochem Soc Trans 31(Pt 6): 1220–5. 92. Rahmatullah, M. and Robishaw, J. D. (1994). Direct interaction of the alpha and gamma subunits of the G proteins. Purification and analysis by limited proteolysis. J Biol Chem 269(5): 3574–80. 93. , et al. (2005). Membrane rafts segregate pro- from anti-apoptotic insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signaling in colon carcinoma cells stimulated by members of the tumor necrosis factor superfamily.
Chemokine Receptors in Cancer by Chareeporn Akekawatchai, Marina Kochetkova, Jane Holland (auth.), Amy M. Fulton (eds.)